Wednesday, February 13, 2008

oh where oh where is the cold weather?!

I was reading an article on Yahoo the other day regarding compatability within a couple. It listed seven areas of compatability, to name a few: chemistry - although not necessarily in the sense of is there chemistry, but if one likes PDA or the other doesn't, personality, friends/family, communication, financial, health/nutrition, and lifestyle (that wasn't a few, that was the whole seven). However, what the article failed to mention is "weather and climate," key area for compatability within a relationship and an issue of compatability brought to light this past week between Guillaume and I.

I have to break it to you, all your sun loving Californias, but I just was not ready for the warm weather and bright sunshine that flooded the early part of this week. But Guillaume on the other hand was singing high from the burst of yellow rays. I simply craved the overcast drizzle, and the rolling gray clouds, that nip in the air that causes you to shiver from inside, but no all I got was warm blue skies and a piercing sun.

Tuesday, following four straight days of increasingly warm weather and bright, sparkly blue skies Guillaume was like a little boy on Christmas morning, and I on the other hand was like a young girl on Christmas morning having just opened all her gifts and rather than a large box of books finds herself in possession of an ant farm and a spider colony!!!

I wrote a few weeks back about how the seemingly dreary weather effects people, that it can cause depression in some, and people tend to be Eyeores as opposed to Tiggers. Not the case for me, it energizes me that kind of weather -- this sunny and warm weather makes me want to blast the air conditioning and pull the shutters, as if to create my own winter wonderland!

Truthfully I actually enjoy the sunny weather, and am truly thankful for where I live, and that I am not somewhere where the option of blue skies and warm weather is but for a few months of the year. For me this warm weather hitting so early in February took me by surprise. It was as if I woke up one day and I missed a whole parcel of time. Technically it isn't spring for another month, and not summer until the end of June, but it felt like the passage of time had skipped a few weeks and jumped right into "summer's just around the corner"! And well, if summer is just around the corner -- I'm not ready for it. I'm not quite ready to retire the sweaters to back of the closet, not quite ready to part ways with my fake uggs -- I've only been wearing them every day since I received them at Christmas, I have to have at least a few more wears from before I tuck them under the bed, not seeing them again until late October. I need to be able to snuggle into a warm coat, and wrap a scarf around my neck and feel the softness. I want to still be able to wear my gloves in the morning because it is chilly.

Here's the compromise though -- bright blue skies and sunny weather, but just lower the temps a little bit please -- if you don't mind, God!!!

No comments: