Thursday, February 14, 2008

STOP

Speaking of stopping thoughts, I was in the previous post (are you experiencing deja vu?!) I really need to stop my thoughts from moving past my mind and through my lips. I'm sure others would actually disagree in principle, it being quite an achievement when I express thought, I'm talking more about the inane thoughts that filter through and take up residence, and then decide to sputter out.

Take for instance a conversation Guillaume and I had a few nights back, well conversation too strong of a word, more me emitting a senseless thought.

You see Monday night I wasn't feeling up to scratch, Guillaume called to say "good night" and in doing so, he told me:

"I love you very much."
Me: "Oh...bye."
G: "I love you."

It was a very sweet good night and a perfect way to end the day before succumbing to sleep. However, me being me thought a sec or two more on it, because a number of weeks back in reading up on the French language and culture I had come across an interesting point that the French don't use words such as "very," "alot," etc or when they are used rather than add meaning to the statement, they weaken the statement. So they would not say "I love you very much" because the 'very' would take away from the basic "I Love You."

I, of course remember this random little fact so to speak, and when Guillaume and I are sitting on the couch Tuesday night I happen to tell him that he told me he loves me very much, and doesn't the "very" take away from the "I love you"?

I'm telling you I can't just simply savour the words and emotion, no not me, I have to take it apart and analyze it for analyzing sake.

107 days -- that's how long Guillaume and I have been dating, that we have been a couple - a cute couple by most people's standards!!! We are, cute, that is -- I mean if I can't freely admit to the truth of the matter on this here blog, well, where can I?!

1 comment:

Laura @FitMamaLove said...

You are so darn cute, Ellie, and your blog makes me laugh:).