Tuesday, June 24, 2008

play doh

I have a love-hate relationship with play doh. I enjoy that squishy sensation, that ability to squeeze and mold to my heart's content, and crumple it back into a blob if I'm not satisfied with the finished product. I like the vibrancy of colors (although I've yet to see truffle chocolate or raspberry pink), and the challenge to not mix the colors, yet the joy of in the right combination of colors.

Yet that smell, that slightly salty smell and bitter taste that lingers on your hands, that greasy sensation between your fingers, that even with soap still persists. And don't get me started on the germs (ok, well I don't need any starting because I was heading there anyway!) The germs from your hand that are captured in the "doh" - I am slightly neurotic about washing hands before playing with "doh," but still. Think about it. The germs from your hands to the doh, and then the doh is caught back and sealed in the airtight pot, preserving the germs for the next use.

I hope that the slight salty substance is what perhaps keeps the germs at bay; but still when it comes to playing with play doh, I have to turn off that part of my brain or I'd never touch the stuff!!

Just a short one today -- more to come...81 days (I have a blog just about that set to hit the press in the next day or so, not to mention the previous blogs that were deleted prior, and then there's the amazing accomplishment of my pastor completing an Ironman race this past weekend, plus all those over ones that I hinted at in the previous post). Anywho, like I said best to shut my mind off from a few things :)

No comments: