Tuesday, August 5, 2008

the mole hills will soon be mountains

I'm sitting here with piles of other things I should be doing -- literally piles: piles of pink envelopes containing wedding invitations which really should have been sent by now, piles of washing that needs to be folded and hung up which really should have been done weeks ago (I have been enacting a new organizational system which includes dumping the clean clothes on the floor, and then in the morning rummaging to find the outfit for the day -- crinkled and all), piles of sliced cheese waiting to be assembled into a cheese and pickle sandwich, piles of dishes waiting to be loaded into the dishwasher -- wait, I did accomplish depleting that pile...

But no, rather than conquer the piles around me, I am on the computer roaming blog after blog, being provoked, poked, and inspired as I hop from one blog to another, as I scroll through postings of other bloggers -- bloggers scattered throughout the country, bloggers whose names I don't know, who write articulately, who wax eloquence, and put forth their ideas, their ideals, their life. All the while as I read running my head is commentary, from the time I got up this morning my mind has been amuck with thoughts bursting at the seams, thoughts just begging to be stretched and pulled into posts...

From being out of tea, to what I threw on to go and get tea bags, to church, to wedding, to tv shows, to apartment postings, to you name it each arena of my life today seems to be rushing through this filter and my mind itches to just sit and write, to whittle away the day expanding on my thoughts...

But alas the piles await me, and as much as I long to continue my journey through the bloggersphere, and wish to lose myself in the art of writing, I do wish to have a somewhat productive day and despite the 100 + wedding invites addressed, no one will be attending if I don't get them out -- only 39 days!!!

No comments: