Friday, February 22, 2008

A Week of Finallys

On Tuesday I finally used the work out room of our apartment building - granted I only went that Tuesday, but still - I did finally make it to two floors below and used the running machine, the large ball, and the weights: three cheers for Ellie!!

I finally started using the stairs over the elevator to get to my fourth floor apartment. Two rationals: First being I've never been too fond of elevators, that whole they could stop and I could get stuck theory (always carry water and food on an elevator -- you never know)! Second rational, I have two legs that, thank God work, and well what better way to use them than to climb stairs?!

I finally took a donut. Took a donut? Yes. You see on Friday at our apartment building they put out donuts, bagels, and muffins and I've noticed them - who wouldn't noice fresh glistening donuts? The first week I wasn't sure who they were for and when I asked, one of my roomies informed me that they were for the taking. Armed with this knowledge I still bypassed them the second weeek, not for any health reasons (let me assure you on that account), but because someone was making coffee next to them. I felt too conspicious if I was to take one.

So this morning I decided no matter what I was taking a chocolate glazed donut, I reminded myself the night before, prepped myself as I came down, and - yes, actually reached out, selected the donut, and grabbed a glistening chocolate donut (even with the coffee man and another bloke watching)! And it was delicious - maybe more so because of the mental effort it took to actually take it.

And the final finally of the week - I have finally posted 2 posts - the other of slightly more substance mind you!!

Enjoy -- Happy Friday!!!

No comments: